Tuesday, January 29, 2013

34 weeks and the nursery is coming along!

How far along? 34 weeks...only 3 weeks until Baby Girl is full term! I cannot believe how close we are to meeting her!
Baby size? She weighs about 5 pounds and measures about 18 inches long. 
What's going on with the baby? She is taking deep breaths, her eyes can blink and are open when she's awake and closed when she's sleeping, and there is still lots of brain development going on. The books also say that she will recognize songs she hears while in the womb once she is born and may be more easily soothed by them.
What's going on with me? Apparently my uterus is 500 to 1000 times larger than before I was pregnant! No wonder I feel huge!
Total weight gain/loss: +22 pounds as of my last appointment.
Maternity clothes? Yes... and as I get bigger, the more comfortable the better!
Stretch marks? None yet. Still using Mother's Special Blend oil.
Sleep: Waking up a few more times during the night and still waking up around 4am. Most mornings I get up and go walk at the gym, but sometimes I am just too tired, I just lay in bed hoping I fall back asleep.
Best moment this week: Baby shower on Saturday! It was so fun to see so many of my friends and celebrate Baby King! Kristy did an amazing job with everything and Baby King was spoiled with lots of gifts! My second best moment would be putting all those gifts away and getting more done in the nursery!
Awkward moment this week: My aunt seeing recent pictures of me and asking if "Baby King is going to make it until March?". My belly is so big! But she did follow that up with "You look beautiful just as a mom-to-be should". (Love ya Aunt Sue!)
Miss anything? Not getting out of breath so easily; falling back asleep after I wake up; laying on anything other than my side (especially my left side); not having trouble picking things up off the floor or tying my shoes.
Movement: SO much movement! And I love it (except when it's a little uncomfortable now that she is running out of room in there)
Food cravings: Not really craving anything. At times I am hungry, but nothing sounds good...
Anything making you queasy or sick? Only when I eat too much too fast. But my heartburn has gotten much worse, which makes eating not too fun.
Have you started to show yet? Definitely! People are starting to wonder when I'm due, thinking it should be soon.
Gender prediction: Girl
Labor signs: I've had quite a few Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing regular so I think we are OK.
Belly button in or out? It sticks out through my shirts, so it's probably considered "out" (although the bottom part is still in!)
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy.
Looking forward to: Maternity photos this weekend!

Here we are at 34 weeks:

And here are a few photos of the nursery bedding:


We are still waiting on the glider and ottoman to be delivered before we put anything on the walls (I want to make sure the furniture is in its final spot before centering pictures/wall decor). And the pillow and quilt will most likely be on the glider to add some color to it (rather than in the crib). We also need to get our curtains and rug from PBK... but I'm waiting until after my shower next weekend to finalize everything. Cannot wait!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment