Thursday, January 10, 2013

31 weeks!

Wow, it's been a while since I did an update! But with my birthday, Christmas, and New Years... we have been busy!

How far along? 31 weeks...2 months away from our due date!
Baby size? She weighs just over 3 pounds and measures over 16 inches long. (Apparently the size of a pineapple.) And all the books say she's heading into a growth spurt!
What's going on with the baby? She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. All five of her senses have developed and her eyes now react to light! She is also going through major brain and nerve development and continues to get smarter.
Total weight gain/loss: As of my last appointment (on Monday), I had gained just under 20 pounds. Doctor says I'm doing great and my belly is measuring at 31 cm (just right!).
Maternity clothes? Pretty much all maternity clothes. With my belly getting bigger, most of my non-maternity shirts are not long enough to wear.
Stretch marks? None yet. Still using Mother's Special Blend oil and my doctor said that's a great product to use. My mom doesn't remember getting any stretch marks, so hopefully I will be the same!
Sleep: When I'm asleep, I sleep great. But the problem is when I wake up (to go pee or any other reason), I am WIDE awake. I haven't been too uncomfortable in bed, but it is harder to get comfortable sitting on the couch. The recliner is a little better, but still not great. Oh well...
Best moment this week: Visiting with our families over the holidays and celebrating my dad's 60th birthday.
Awkward moment this week: Presenting at a meeting and trying to hide the fact that she is moving like crazy and making my entire stomach move!
Miss anything? Running; not getting out of breath so easily; being able to shave my legs with less effort (bending over is much harder now!); falling back asleep after I wake up; laying on anything other than my side (especially my left side)
Movement: She is moving like crazy! Because she is getting bigger, I feel everything. And my entire stomach moves when she moves. Ryan and I were sitting on the couch and he had his hand on my belly... she was doing cartwheels or something for like 30 minutes non-stop! We just kept laughing and smiling as my belly jumped and moved with her movements. At times it's a little uncomfortable (and I know it may get worse), but it's so fun to imagine what she's doing in there. As of Monday, she was still in the same position as last appointment (butt near my ribs on my right side and head down). So I know I am feeling feet near my ribs and I can tell when her butt is sticking out :) 
Food cravings: I've been craving sweets a little more than usual, but that's about it. I've also been more thirsty, so I keep a water bottle with me at all times now.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Only when I eat too much too fast.
Have you started to show yet? Yep. In fact, more people are asking when I'm due, so I must look like I'm getting ready to pop! I can't tell you how many times I've heard "wow, you're so big now".
Gender prediction: Girl! And we think we have the name picked out (but we aren't telling anyone)!
Labor signs: I've had a few Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing to worry about.
Belly button in or out? The top part of my belly button is popping out but the bottom half of my belly button is still an innie. You can see it poking out through my shirts sometimes.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy. Although I've started the nesting phase and have a list of things I need to get done in the house/nursery (and for most of it I need Ryan's help)...so I'm probably getting a little stressed about getting things done.
Looking forward to: My upcoming baby showers and organizing the nursery!

I apologize for the HORRIBLE picture. Ryan took it late last night (almost 11pm) in a dark room with the iPhone very quickly (hence the blurry-ness), so the quality isn't that great. I promise I'll have a better one next week. But, you can see how big my belly is...and how tired I look.


I cannot believe we are at 31 weeks! Time is just flying by! I feel like the first trimester goes by super slow because you are hoping and praying everything goes well (and you're keeping a huge secret from family/friends until you're ready to share the news); the first few weeks of the second trimester go by slow (until the 20 week appointment when you find out the sex of the baby); but after that 20 week appointment... time flies by! We are now 2 months away from our due date! Nine weeks! And while Ryan and I are so excited to meet our baby girl and hold her in our arms, I am trying really hard not to stress about the possibility of her arriving early. I don't mind if she comes a week or 2 early, but I want her to stay in there and get as strong and healthy as possible. I think being the Type A/planner person that I am, the fact that we don't have everything ready and organized gets me worried we won't be ready if she comes early. Realistically, we would be just fine... but I will feel much better when everything is ready. I have tried really hard to wait until after my baby showers to buy baby things. We have the nursery furniture (minus the glider/ottoman that we ordered and a bookshelf I need to pick out) and some baby items that my sister-in-law gave us (bassinet, swing, and tons of baby girl clothes). But I am excited to get the rest of the nursery items and our other essential baby items! And you better believe I will be at Babies R Us, Target, and Pottery Barn Kids the day after my last shower buying the remaining items on my registry so I can finish organizing everything! :)

In the meantime, I am trying to relax when possible, wrap up my projects at work, stay active (walking 3 miles at least 4 times a week and doing yoga 3 times a week), and not think about all the ladies I know that delivered early! :)

Oh! And I'm really excited for February because Ryan and I are going on a "babymoon" to Bodega Bay! I cannot wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment