Thursday, August 12, 2010

No more excuses!

I have been trying to diet/exercise so that I feel great on my wedding day. I know the day will be perfect no matter what as long as I marry Ryan, but I want to look/feel good too! I was doing really well for a while. I was eating a good diet and exercising in the mornings. Our evenings are so busy, I finally decided that if I didn't work out in the morning, I would never work out. So I was waking up at 5:30am, running 2-3 miles, and doing some strength exercises (squats, pushups, dips, etc) before work. I felt great! Once I dragged myself out of bed, it actually felt good to be out exercising in the morning.

But after not running for a week and a half because I was sick, I haven't been able to get back into the routine. And what's worse is that it is now darker at 5:30 in the morning! Who wants to run when it's still dark out?! Not me! But, just like before, we are so busy in the evening that now I am not exercising at all! And I'm still trying to eat healty, but with bridal showers and other events, it's a little difficult.

And now it is really starting to hit me that my wedding is 50 days away! I have my first dress fitting next week and I am so nervous! Why did I make excuse after excuse...why didn't I just get my butt up and run?!? Now I am feeling a huge wave of guilt for not running the past few weeks. I know I haven't gained a bunch of weight, but I just don't feel great.

So even though it's too late for my first dress fitting...I am going to buckle down and start my routine again! I will wake up and run even if the sun is not totally out yet. And I will do those pushups...gotta have great arms for the wedding! Only 50 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment