We are less than 50 days away from our wedding day! Most brides start to get stressed out around this time, but we don't have much to stress about! Danielle has kept us ahead of schedule with the planning and almost everything is done. We have just a few things left to finalize (readings, songs, placecards, etc)...but not much! It's a good thing too since now all of the wedding activities are starting!
I have had two bridal showers already and one more in two weeks! Nicole, my soon-to-be SIL, threw a "Girls' Night Out" bridal shower for me two weeks ago. It was SO much fun! She reserved the upstairs room at Bella Bru and had the place decorated with pink and black accessories! We mingled, had some drinks & appetizers, and then had a yummy dinner and cheesecake! I don't usually like cheesecake, but it was delicious! After dinner, we opened presents. Nicole had put on the invitation "Let's forget the pots and pans, bring something fun and sexy!", so I received a bunch of super cute lingerie and some other fun/sexy gifts! It was a little embarrassing opening the gifts in front of everyone, but these were my closest friends so we had fun with it! After dessert and gifts, we went out to a club dancing! Such a great night! I loved every minute of it!
Last weekend my mom flew up for a bridal shower hosted by Mo, Ryan's mom. This was a more traditional bridal shower with most of Mo's family and friends. She had the backyard decorated and some great food! It was great having my mom there to meet everyone and enjoy the wedding activities. We mingled, had a light lunch, and then the games started. I was a little nervous because Ryan told me that his aunt called and asked him a bunch of questions. But the games were fun! One was a wedding word scramble and the other was 10 questions about Ryan. I got all of them correct except what superhero he wished he could be. I said Superman, but the answer was Spiderman. Afterwards I realized that was his answer only because we had watched the movie Spiderman the weekend before! Next we opened presents. It's funny how my outlook on wedding presents have changed over the years. I never thought I would be so excited to get a steamer or griddle...but I was! We received some great gifts and it was great to be able to spend some time with those ladies! The rest of the weekend my mom and I ran some last minute errands and crossed things off of the wedding to-do list. It was great having her in town!
And I'll get to see her again in two weeks at yet another bridal shower! This one my matron of honor is hosting at my mom's house for my family and friends that live in southern CA. I haven't been home in a while, so I can't wait. Ryan won't be joining me because he is having his bachelor party that weekend on Lake Don Pedro (they are renting a houseboat).
Although three bridal showers seems like a lot, its been nice to have time to visit with everyone at the shower. Having just one big one can be a overwhelming and it is hard to get the opportunity to see everyone. I guess that's what the wedding will be like... At least I got some practice making my way around to say hi to everyone! I'll be a pro by the time our wedding day gets here!
So, as you can tell, we have been busy busy busy with wedding things! And if you could see my calendar, you would know that its only getting busier! I have my first dress fitting next week, meetings with DJs and priest, hair/makeup trials, and much more! This is a very exciting time...but we just can't wait for the big day!
More photos to come soon, but here's one of some of the girls out on the town!
No comments:
Post a Comment