Monday, June 21, 2010

The start of a new routine.

Just over three months away?!?! Where did the time go? I cannot believe our wedding day is approaching so quickly! Don’t get me wrong, I CANNOT wait until October 1 when I get to marry the man I love and celebrate with our closest family and friends. But the days are going by SO fast!

In February I started really focusing on my exercise/diet. I was going to CrossFit at least 3-4 times a week and eating a modified Paleo diet (see my previous blog post about these). I felt great and ended up losing about 8 pounds. I noticed that my clothes fit better (or not at all because they were too big!), my fitness had improved (5 pull-ups without a band!), and I was more confident/happy because I just felt healthier! I think it’s a Weight Watchers quote, but it’s true…nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

But these past few weeks, we have been so busy…I have definitely been slacking on the exercise/diet. It’s hard when we have something going on every night of the week…no time to go to CrossFit after work and even less time to make a healthy dinner (and have leftovers for a healthy lunch). I didn’t think much of it the first week, but as the weeks have come and gone, I have definitely noticed a difference. I have probably gained a few of the pounds back…but the worst part is I just don’t feel great. I am no longer as confident/happy and I don’t feel healthy. I have immediate eater’s regret but for some reason, I have continued to make unhealthy food choices the past few weeks.

But not anymore! Starting today, I have started a new routine! I woke up this morning, ran 2 miles, did some situps and pushups, and made myself a fruit smoothie. Although I went through every excuse I could think of when my alarm went off, I got my butt out of bed, put my running clothes on, and headed out the door. I have to admit, once I was up and outside, I felt great. I kept telling myself, “think of the wedding day…you want to look great in your wedding dress…bikini body for the honeymoon…keep going”. I’m sure I’ll have days that are a little tougher, but I am going to stick to it! There is just about 3 months until my wedding day and I don’t want to fill those days with excuses to keep me from exercising/dieting and just feeling my best! And for lunch, a nice green salad with apples, strawberries, grapes, walnuts, and some chicken from yesterday’s BBQ…yummy!

So, day 1 is a success so far. We’ve got a healthy dinner planned before we go bowling and the alarm is already set for early tomorrow morning. The days I can go to CrossFit after work, I definitely am going to…but either way, I’m going to be running in the mornings!

So if there are any suggestions for quick, yet effective exercises I can do when I get back from my run, I’d love to hear about them. For now, situps, pushups, squats, and anything I can do with my hand weights will have to do!

102 days until the wedding!

2 comments:

  1. P90X....it really works!! Great for bridal arms. I can loan you my CD's to try. You can do some arms/abs at home after your runs. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely try P90X! It's designed as a 90 day program and it comes with a nutrition guide. But this way you can still get a full workout if you can't make it to the gym. Congrats on Day 1, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete