Remember the phrase, “it’s the little things that count”? That phrase has been so true in so many aspects of my life. I am a huge fan of doing lots of little things for people. Simple things like calling/texting to say good luck before a big test or interview, a card in the mail (yes, the good ol’ snail mail) to just say hi and I’m thinking of you, making someone’s favorite dinner, a hug/kiss at a random moment in time for no other reason that “just because I love you”…those are the things that can really go a long way. And I love when someone does something like that for me. A few weeks ago Danielle, friend and wedding planner, dropped off cookies and a bottle of wine when I was having a bad day. Last week I received a very nice thank you card in the mail from a good friend about helping out at her bridal shower. Or just this afternoon, Ryan texted me to say he stopped for lunch at a place known for having the best pizza. He said he saved a few slices so I could try it when he got home. Something so simple, yet so thoughtful!
It’s the little things that can really be the big things.
The same is true with our wedding planning. It was such a relief to get all of the “big” things planned early. We had the date, church, reception venue, and vendors all planned just a few months after Ryan popped the question. Shouldn’t be much left to plan, right? Well anyone that has planned a wedding (or is planning one now) knows this is just not true. Sure we only have little things left, but these little details are quickly becoming the big things! Adding personality to the invitations, figuring out place cards, small/personal touches to add to the ceremony and reception, deciding which songs to play and when…these are the little things that take a lot of time to plan but will all be worth it in the end. On our wedding day, it will be these little details that will stand out.
I guess it really is the little things that count…
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
The little things are going to be so much fun girl!! Yeeeehaaa! Enjoy every minute of it.
ReplyDelete