Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So far so good

On Monday I blogged about my new routine...exercising and eating better. Well we are at Day 3 and I am still going strong! I have been waking up every morning just after it gets light outside, running about 2 miles, doing some strength exercises (situps, pushups, lunges), and stretching. Then I make a fruit smoothie and start my day!

Although the waking up early is no fun, once I'm outside and running, I feel great! It's such an awesome way to start off a day. I feel more awake in the morning and more energized. I'm a little sore (probably because I haven't ran in quite a while!), but it's a good sore. I even went and bought new running shoes today at lunch. It was time for a new pair...the shoes I was using passed their expiration date since I completed the 2nd half of my training and ran my marathon in them. I bought the same style because I love them! And if they got me through a marathon, they'll feel great for these little 2-3 mile runs!

So the routine continues...healthy meals and exercising. I'm sure there will be days when I can't run/exercise or I just can't say no to a piece of pizza, but that's ok. As long as majority of my days are healthy, I'll be happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment