Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gender reveal party pictures

I know this post is a little late, but I wanted to share a few of the pictures from our gender reveal party.

Ryan and I found out we were having a girl during our 20 week ultrasound on a Tuesday morning. I cried with excitement, Ryan made a mental note to start saving for a wedding (ha!), and we went to breakfast to celebrate. We decided to tell Ryan's family on Wednesday night (I had prenatal yoga on Tuesday night that I didn't want to miss). We decided not to tell any coworkers for friends until we had shared the news with both of our families.

Since my family does not live in Sacramento, I decided to share the news by sending custom cupcakes. I had a dozen cupcakes delivered to my brother's work in Mammoth Lakes with a note that read "Blue or Pink, What Do You Think?". When he bit into the cupcake, there was a pink filling!

I did the same with my parents, but the bakery messed up and used pink frosting instead of a pink filling. So I had them put each cupcake in a box and told my parents they could not open or peek inside the box until we could Skype with them later that evening. It was so fun seeing their reaction to the news once they opened the box! 



I wanted to do the same thing for Ryan's family. So I ordered a dozen cupcakes with pink filling and had them decorate them with pink and blue frosting. I also made cookies and put up a few other pink and blue decorations.

Ryan's family arrived, along with my cousins Jen and Cory, and were anxiously waiting for us to share the news. We decided to wait until after dinner. No one knew the answer was in the cupcakes except for me and Ryan (and my cousin Jen who was with me to pick them up, but I made her promise not to say a word!). So after dinner, a few people made comments about when we were going to tell them the sex of the baby, and Ryan said something like "the answer is in the cupcakes". Well, his sister was sitting right next to the cupcakes, so she grabbed one, ripped it open, and screamed/cried! The rest of his family started grabbing cupcakes to see for themselves! I'm not sure anyone actually ate the cupcakes, but it was definitely a fun way to share the news that we were having a girl!

Here are a few pictures from the evening (thanks Jen!).

Nicole (my sister-in-law) painted this pumpkin so everyone could cast their vote!

 




Our nieces, Rylan and Cadyn, wore their "I'm Going To Be A Big Cousin" shirts. We bought these shirts when we found out we were pregnant and our nieces helped us share the news with Ryan's family.

It's pink!



2 comments: