Wednesday, October 10, 2012

18 week update

How far along? 18 weeks
Baby size? 5 1/2 inches long (head to rump), 7 ounces
Total weight gain/loss: 5 pounds (according to my appt last week)
Maternity clothes? Now that I have some maternity pants, it is so uncomfortable to wear non-maternity. As far as tops, I'm wearing both maternity and non-maternity (as long as they are stretchy and long).
Stretch marks? Nope. I keep using lotion with cocoa butter, but have considered buying Mustela Stretch Mark Double Action (any recommendations/comments?)
Sleep: I haven't been sleeping as well the last 2 weeks. I wake up a couple times a night (once to pee) and find it difficult to get comfortable. I'm sure this will only get worse as I grow bigger.
Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move. It's still only at random times, but when I feel him/her it is absolutely amazing. I can't wait until Ryan can feel the baby too!
Miss anything? Turkey sandwiches at lunch (I don't like heating the turkey before eating it, so I just don't eat it) and the occasional glass of wine with Ryan after a long day at work.
Movement: Very faint and not very often. Cannot wait until it is more frequent!
Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Meat and veggies don't sound  appetizing on some days, but I can still have them in small amounts.
Have you started to show yet? Yep! And I love it! I try to wear form fitting clothes so it's more obvious I have a baby bump and not a beer belly :)
Gender prediction: I honestly have no idea! And I don't have a preference either way (I know people say that but secretly want one sex more than the other...but I really don't have a preference!)
Labor signs: Nope...and hopefully it stays like that!
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On. Hopefully it will always be on since winter is coming :)
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy (hopefully Ryan agrees!)
Looking forward to: Feeling more movement and finding out the sex of the baby (2 weeks!). Although we've started wondering if we should not find out and have it be a surprise...

(I think I need to reposition my arm for future pictures. I feel like I look much bigger than I am because you can barely see my back! And sorry about the tired eyes... this picture was after a long day of work and yoga. I was ready for bed!)

1 comment:

  1. You Go, Mom and Dad, I think is good to know the sex of child only for preparation for the Blessed Day, but overall not knowing leaves so much more for The Day. This opinion is from an Uncle who has been Blessed with Five Grandchildren so far. So Happy for the Three of you.

    ReplyDelete