Thursday, April 29, 2010

I ♥ Registering!

Ryan and I have had some family/friends ask where we are registered, so we thought it was time to grab those scanners and get started! We had already talked about which stores we were interested in and what things we wanted, but it was finding the time to go. We had a free night on Tuesday and with Ryan going out of town for two weeks with work, we figured we should at least get a few things on our registry lists.
We drove out to Roseville and visited Crate and Barrel first. I LOVE Crate and Barrel! They had all of their spring items out (LOVED all of the colors!), but the lady told us to be careful registering for those items because they will be out of season closer to our wedding. We started with the place settings. We wanted something simple enough to use everyday, but also modern and classy. There were so many to pick from, but decided on these: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=14174&f=10931. We clicked away at our scanner and then moved on to silverware, wine glasses, drinkware, and serving pieces. At this point, I was getting very excited about it all, but also a little overwhelmed. There were so many different pot & pan sets and knife sets...I had no idea where to begin! We registered for a few more items and then decided to go check out Macys. Macys is great for registering! Not only do you receive 10% off all gifts left on your registry after your wedding (for up to a year!), but since we have a rewards card, we get rewards for every gift bought from our registry! We signed up, received our scanner and off we went! We looked at the dishes and drinkware and decided we liked the ones from Crate and Barrel best, so we moved on to appliances. At this point, Ryan was getting hungry, so as we looked at the different appliances, I noticed Ryan just clicking away with the scanner. He registered for a toaster, blender, waffle maker, and toaster oven! Of course he asked if I liked the item first, but as soon as I said yes, "beep" went the scanner. We started looking at other items, but by this time both of us were a little tired. I couldn't make any decisions and Ryan kept scanning me with the scanner! We decided this was enough for one night, turned in our scanner and headed home.
One thing we didn't have to worry about registering for was fine china. When we got engaged, my Granda told us that she wanted us to have all of her fine china, silver, and crystal. The china is beautiful and something I would've picked out! It is simple with just a few embelishments...just perfect! Now we just need to find a hutch to put it in!
We have much more registering to do at Crate and Barrel and Macys, and we haven't even started at REI yet! I don't foresee REI being too difficult though since we are registering for camping items and bikes...how many tents can there be! But now that we have some things on our list, we can add to it gradually. I have also found how easy it is to add/delete things online! Just yesterday I added a bunch of bakeware and serving dishes to our registry from the comfort of my own home! And my mom will be visiting next weekend, so we'll go back and add many more items! It's definitely becoming more fun and less overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment