I've been trying to be more creative with dinners and find new recipes to try. Here is one I found a few weeks ago and LOVE! It's fast and really easy to prepare. If you're not a fan of fish, you could make just the salsa to have with some chips...it is delicious! I like it because it tastes very fresh; perfect for summer! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Cod Tacos with Salsa (from cdkitchen.com)
Ingredients:
1 cup fresh orange, peeled and segmented
1/2 pound avocados, peeled and pitted
1 ounce fresh lime juice
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
crushed red pepper flakes to taste
6 cod fillets
4 tablespoons olive oil
lemon-pepper seasoning to taste
1 ounce fresh lime juice
corn tortillas
Directions:
Saute cod fillets in olive oil; season with lemon-pepper. Sprinkle fillets with lime juice. When cod is cooked, break into chunks.
Prepare salsa: cut oranges and avocados into 1/2 inch chunks. Combine with lime juice, onions, and cilantro in bowl. Add pepper flakes and salt to taste (I don't usually add any).
Spoon cod and salsa onto a double layer of tortillas. Fold over to serve.
Serves 6, Ready in <30 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment