This Sunday Ryan and I are running in the Sacramento Shamrock'n Half Marathon! I am so excited...Ryan, not so much. I kinda tricked him into running it with me. When I signed up for my marathon, I asked if he wanted to do it with me. His answer was a quick and firm "NO". I asked if he would at least run with me at night after work so I wouldn't be by myself. He said he would, but only up to like 10 miles. I then got the idea that we should do a half marathon together since it's only 13.1 miles. He agreed to do it with me and now here it is!
He hasn't been training as much as I have, but this is the only event he's running. I would have to run 13 miles this weekend regardless (since I'm training for a marathon), so the fact that the Shamrock'n Half Marathon just happened to fit perfectly into my training schedule...I'm excited! Running in an event is way more fun then just running 13 miles along a bike trail.
So this weekend will be filled with relaxing, fueling up on carbs via a pasta dinner on Saturday night, and then the big race on Sunday morning!
I am thinking about taking my iPhone with me...putting it in my armband. So if I can snap a few photos, I'll upload them to the blog next week!
Wish us luck!
Yay! Good luck you guys (especially Ryan) this will definitely be an event to remember! Make sure to have lots of fun! I can't wait to see you guys in June! Love ya lots! Happy running! And wish I could be there!
ReplyDelete