Wednesday afternoon I got a call telling me my wedding dress was finally in! I was so excited! I have been calling for the past month wondering when it would arrive…and now its here! I had promised my mom I wouldn’t go see it without her and I have one more day to wait…
My mom and I had gone wedding dress shopping on one of her visits to Sacramento around Thanksgiving time. I loved trying on all of the pretty dresses…it was like dress-up for adults! I didn’t find “the one” on that day, so I made appointments to go look with friends the next couple weekends. A few dress shops and many dresses later, I still hadn’t found it. I was getting worried that I wasn’t going to find the dress..the dress I wanted to wear on the day I would marry the man of my dreams. I made another appointment at a shop my mom and I had visited before and went with my future SIL and wedding planner. After trying on a few dresses, I finally found it! I absolutely loved it and didn’t want to take it off! They added the veil and put me in front of the big mirror and I just couldn’t believe I had found my wedding dress! (I can’t give ANY details in case Ryan reads this…sorry, you’re just gonna have to wait for wedding photos!) I wanted to wait until my mom could see it before ordering, but I needed to order it before the end of the season (two weeks away!) I didn’t want to miss out on the perfect dress, so I called my mom to talk to her about it. She was in Mammoth skiing with my dad when she answered her phone. I told her about the dress, sent her a picture on my phone, and she told me what any mother would say, “If you love it, then you have to order it”. I was so excited! I had found my wedding dress!
Just three days later I was home for Christmas, I called every wedding dress store hoping to find the dress in my hometown so I could show my mom...unsuccessful. I was so bummed.
My mom booked a flight to come up to Sacramento in January to see the dress at the store I purchased it. We were at dinner Friday night when I received a call from the dress place. The girl was reminding me of my appointment the next day and mentioned that someone had purchased the sample gown in the store recently, so I would not be able to put the dress on, but I could still see it. Strike two! I was so upset that my mom couldn’t see me with the dress on. We went to the store anyways and I held the dress up to me so my mom could try to visualize me in it. My mom, like many, is emotional. So even though I didn’t have the dress on, she was still crying…which made me cry.
So here we are, five months later and MY dress is here. Not the sample dress, but my actual wedding dress! And my mom is here to finally see me in it. It’s going to be an emotional day… Am I going to love it as much as I remember? Will my mom love it? Is it going to fit? Am I going to be able to keep it together as I imagine my dad walking me down the aisle to Ryan in that exact dress and saying our vows? We will find out…tomorrow at 3pm. The appointment I’ve been waiting for…the appointment my mom has been waiting for…it’s finally here!
No comments:
Post a Comment